Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
Students will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Puppet configuration management upon deployment.
The duration of training
- Recommend having a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience
- Have Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
- Red Hat Satellite 6 installation
Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
- Manage users and hosts across organizations and locations
Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
- Red Hat Satellite client registration
Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
- Manage software deployment through the software development life cycle
Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts and evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
- Build RPM packages
Create RPM packages for deployment of programs and files on client systems.
- Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
- Manage system configurations with Puppet
Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
- Standardize system configurations with Red Hat Satellite 6
Configure hosts using Puppet.
- Deploy hosts with Satellite server
Deploy and provision hosts using PXE.
- Configuration of Satellite server for enterprise system deployment
Configure host provisioning for integration with software and configuration management and discover unprovisioned host and provision-discovered hosts.